Original wheels

Reifen, Felgen, Federung, Aufhängung, ...
Forumsregeln
Schön, du willst einen neuen Beitrag schreiben.  Wenn du etwas an deinen Wagen reparieren willst, dann nehme dir doch bitte etwas Zeit und dein Smartphone, dokumentiere die Arbeitsschritte und mache daraus eine kleine DIY-Anleitung in der KnowledgeBase, davon haben wir dann alle was.

Oder erstelle selber ein pdf-Dokument und schicke es mit einer kleine Beschreibung dazu an technik@scenic-forum.de, wir fügen diese dann der KnowledgeBase zu.

Bilder für deine Beiträge, im Forum sowie der KnowledgeBase, kannst du über unseren eigenen Bilderuploaddienst einfügen. Dazu gibt es diese Anleitung im Forum.

Antworten
Vikingscenic
Forums-Gelegenheitsfahrer
Scenicmodell: Grand Scenic 3
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Original wheels

Beitrag von Vikingscenic »

Hello,
first: sorry I write in English! It is completely fine for me if you answer in German.

I am from Norway and have just ordered a new Grand Scenic 1.9 DCI. Great car!

I need to buy a xtra set of wheels for the winter, but the original aluwheels are incredibly expensive here in Norway. What I wonder is if Renault produce these wheels themself, or is it another manufacturer that produces the wheels for Renault? (Then with Renault logo on the wheels of their cars..).

It will be a lot cheaper to buy the "non-original" wheels even though it is only the logo that is different - as with many other parts as well.

So, if anyone knows: who is producing the wheels for Renault? I have heard rumours about Oz and Stilauto, but dont know if this is correct.

thumic
Scenicmodell: Grand Scenic III
Kurzbeschreibung: Grand Scenic Dynamique, 1.4 Tce, 130 PS, eclipse grau, Extras: Alarm, BiXenon, Reserverad vollw., Einparkhilfe vo./hi., Sitzheizung, Arkamys CD Radio, Carminat TomTom und das Panoramadach - kam mit 29.04. bei uns an ;-)
Ausstattung: Dynamique

Re: Original wheels

Beitrag von thumic »

Hi Havard,
no problem for the English - Norwegian would be a lot worse for me though ;-)
I don't really understand the question you rise...as for the wheels: these are produced by regular wheel manufacturers such as Michelin, Pirelli, etc. but also come with the original manufacturers logo. At least here in Austria. My GS III was delivered with Michelin Energy Saver tires. If you refer to the wheel's rim, then yes - they are produced by a different manufacturer and only Renault branded. I've found those in Austria to be Alcar models (pls note that Alcar is the manufacturer - the rims are sold as different brands such as Enzo, AEZ, etc.) If you're pretty fine with German you can have a look at their HP at www.alcar.at. There you also find a "Configurator" for your car, colour and rims... Unfortunatley however I haven't found a button yet to display the page in EN. Hope that helps! Best regards from rainy Vienna, Austria. Michael

Vikingscenic

I mean the rim (deutsch: felgen). Does anyone know which excact Alcar model it is for Grand Scenic?

Hefe
Regelmässiger Fahrer im Forum
Scenicmodell: Grand Scenic 3 Ph. 1
Kurzbeschreibung: GS3 Luxe Anthrazit 2.0dci FAP, 7 Sitze, Saphir Blau, BiXenon, elektr.
Fahrersitz, stark getönte Heckscheiben, Schutzfolie auf Stoßfänger hinten, DEZENT RE 8x18 mit 225/45R18,
Ausstattung: Luxe

Beitrag von Hefe »

i really don't know if it is important that you are using original Renault rims. My father for example is using the Enzo R rims on his Laguna 3 GT GT and they are also avaiable for my Grand Scenic which i ordered (i could use the same rims like he ;)).
You are right - older cars where equipped with OZ rims (Laguna 1 or Megane 2) but nowadays i'm not able to answer your intial question - i'm going to ask my dealer and a good friend of mine (a mechanic).

with best regard from south sweden (Rostock) Henry

Centurio
Scenicmodell: Grand Scenic III
Kurzbeschreibung: dci 130, 7-Sitzer, Arcamys 3D BT, Confort-Paket, Carminat TomTom, abnehmbare AHK

Beitrag von Centurio »

Hey, fine to have an English thread here ...

Do you want to have rims that exactly LOOK LIKE the originals or are there any other reasons why you cannot just take any other alu rims from other suppliers (with correct sizes and screws, of course)?
Legal restrictions in Norway?

For example, I could have gotten steel wheels (original or OEM from other supplier) instead. Would (at least in Germany...) be cheaper - but quite ugly, also...

What I did: Took an offer from Euromaster and got some alu wheels for same price as steel wheels. I had to accept the dealer to choose the brand and design of the rims and tyres for that. As any alu rims would look better than "naked" steel rims and as they were only allowed to choose tyres within the strict limitations of the leasing company, I had no problem with that. Now I have Rial rims (design "Oslo" in 16" size). These have the necessary papers to be mounted on my Grand Scenic without specific approval by german "TÜV".
Even without that special offer, most alu rims would have been cheaper than Renault originals.
I did not yet see the original Renault design by another supplier yet (same with most other car manufacturers designs) - some copyright issue, most probably.

If you are unsure about the design: Euromaster homepage has quite a good configuration tool with rims of several different brands: click on "Aluräderprogramm", choose your car by brand and model and you can select from a lot of rim designs, which are then shown on your car (you can even chose different colors for the car!).
The sizes of tyres and rims may vary for Norway, but just to get an idea of the designs ...
(Unfortunately, for the other country websites, e.g. UK or Sweden, there is no such configuration tool and the website is available in German only).

Vikingscenic

I have heard that the guarantee might cancel if you use non-original rims. But I would anyhow be happy to know if someone have suggestions on good non-original alu-rims.

Käpten Blaubähr
Scenicmodell: Scenic 3
Kurzbeschreibung: TCE 130
Graphit-Schwarz Metallic
Navigation Carminat TomTom

Confort-Paket (mit En)

jetzt mit funktionierendem Parrot Bluetooth

kein USB-Anschluss
TomPlayer für MP3

Beitrag von Käpten Blaubähr »

God dag!

You will loose waranty and permission to run your car on public roads only if you mount rims which have no certificate and are not designed for your car. At least in Germany, but I think you have some roadworthy inspections and rules in Norway as well.

Therefore every dealer must supply you with a certificate which states clearly, if you can mount these specific rims or rim/tyre combination on your car. Sometimes its only details like weight or engine power which determine if possible or if not.

To make life easier, configurators like the one in the link from Centurio help you to choose the right rims. Here are two other links without any preference, just to give you more options:

Reifen Schreiber
ATU

The problem would be the shipment to Norway...

At least Euromaster has shops in Danmark, ATU has shops in Flensburg and Reifen Schreiber sits somewhere in the middle of Germany and ships within Europe.

So if it is so much cheaper, you maybe use your vacations and buy your rims or complete wheels in Germany and do the smuggling into Norway by yourself :-)

Succes and Good Luck!

Käpten Blaubähr

Vikingscenic

So, which non-original rim brands would you recommend?

Käpten Blaubähr
Scenicmodell: Scenic 3
Kurzbeschreibung: TCE 130
Graphit-Schwarz Metallic
Navigation Carminat TomTom

Confort-Paket (mit En)

jetzt mit funktionierendem Parrot Bluetooth

kein USB-Anschluss
TomPlayer für MP3

Beitrag von Käpten Blaubähr »

havard hat geschrieben:So, which non-original rim brands would you recommend?

Good question...

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
That´s what it's all about: You have to like it and pick your choice...

Here is a test about the quality of rims: Bild: Produkt-Test Alu Räder with the result: Buy what you like but better think twice before choosing SMC brand or cheap pirate versions of well known brands.

You asked for Alcar and thumic gave you already a link. Here's the configurator again: ALCAR Konfigurator

If you check the "ABE" -box the configurator will show only rims which can be mounted in Germany whithout any additional modification on your car or extra paperwork.

Best regards

Käpten Blaubähr

Antworten

Zurück zu „Scenic 2: Fahrwerk und Räder“