For all our foreign friends, that also drive
the famous Scenic RX4
motte
Webmaster
Webmaster
Felgen: 17"
Kurzbeschreibung: Grand Scenic III TCe Dynamique
Beitrag von motte »

You can try a Kangoo 4x4? ... this kind of Kangoo is very cool!!!
Bild

It's OK when your Renault makes some Nois.
But be carefuly when it's quiet!
Greg RX4
Gelegenheitssurfer
Gelegenheitssurfer
Beitrag von Greg RX4 »

I do almost 50km daily with my RX4 and for the past 3 months I'm always (day and night) with my clima set on, and the consumption is 11,6lt / 100km.
Greg RX4
Gelegenheitssurfer
Gelegenheitssurfer
Beitrag von Greg RX4 »

…and an update.
60.220km on the clock, I've done the 60.000km service in a Renault dealer and still everything is ok.
Last week I changed my tyres, in order to be ready for autumn’s rains. I sifted from Michelins to Yokohama. I believe that I must maintain or even try to improve the off road abilities of the RX4 compared with the other (even newer) SUVs which are on asphalt tyres. So I fitted Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S.
First impression? Believe it or not, a very quite tyre (maybe more than Michelin) with a slightly more aggressive look. Safe conclusions cannot be made yet.
jp_FINrx4

Beitrag von jp_FINrx4 »

jp_FINrx4 hat geschrieben:Hello Rx4-drivers, this is J-P from Finland. I was previously under the nickname "jp" in here. Somehow I couldn´t sign in here anymore as "jp" so I created a new account.

However, I´m back and I haven´t parted with my Rx4 - a 2001 model, running circa 127 000 kms.

I recently begun to drive between my home and work around 110 kms daily, mostly on 120 km/h speed limit motorway. 95E gas cost 1,56 euros per litre this morning. It could be reasonable to buy a more fuel efficient car, but...nah :) ...I could save maybe some 100-120 euros a month driving a Renault Kangoo, but how cool would that be :)

Cheers, jp_FINRx4.
Circa 142 000 running now...fortunately the price of gas has soaked to 1,10-1,15 euros per litre! :D
Greg RX4
Gelegenheitssurfer
Gelegenheitssurfer
Beitrag von Greg RX4 »

….update.
64.400 km. Last week I changed the propeller shaft (not in a Renault dealer). Total cost 862,00euro. The noise could not be ignored as the potential damage that the shaft could cause to the gearbox or to the rear differential in case of a ball bearing break down.
After 6.000 km I can say that the tires (Yokohama Geolandar AT/S) are similar to michelins but better in wet (I almost forgot I have ABS) and far superior in mud.
Next is the replacement of the shock absorbents. Though they are still good, 64.000 km with the same absorbents (on/of road) are quite a lot.
Antworten