ABS

For all our foreign friends, that also drive
the famous Scenic RX4
Antworten
Bobi-BG
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Bobi-BG »

It's possible that the electric make short join when you wet ABS sensors(I can't explain better:()When the ligts is on,try to test the ABS.If it work properly,the problem is not in the ABS,so maybe it is in one of the sensors.
Rodrx4
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Rodrx4 »

Hi pete:
I dont know, i will ask in our forum -the spanish one- and i will come with a answer in few days,
i dont know for sure that is the normal way because i spend a lot of time on puddles and it dosent happen to me.
as Bobi says, it must be something related with ABS for sure.
give me few days and i tell you something,
regards,
Rod
ajseymour

Beitrag von ajseymour »

Hi Pete

I too have just got an Rx4 recently and have had this problem as well. I have discovered that it is only if your drive through the puddle - thats not as it sounds, if you take your foot off the accelorator just as you start to enter the puddle it dosen't seem to happen, well not on mine anyway.

I have a friend who is a mechanic and knows a few people in Renault dealerships. He found that when he plugged in the computer it was saying that it was a wheel speed sensor. Apparently these sense the speed of the wheel using a magnetic field that is created by the wheel bearings. Sometimes the field can dissappear for no reason and that causes the ABS light to come on. Why this is caused by going through a puddle is unknown to me .

As I said that is what my mechanic friend was told, I am a bit unsure of it. My theory is that there is a fault in the wheel speed sesnors that makes them too sensitive and so when you go through a puddle and one wheel goes quicker or slower than another it will throw up an error and so put the light on.

Hope this helps

Andrew
Bobi-BG
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Bobi-BG »

Hi,Pete.I hope this problem will appear no more.For your relief I will advise you to check the ABS system in some service.Especially the ABS sensors,cabels and connections between them.
Greetings from Bulgaria :wink:
Rodrx4
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Rodrx4 »

Yes Pete:
i agree with Bobi, and the guys from our web thay also agree that its not normal,
It should hapen just during the puddle, water o terraine without adherence, after that the ligth must goes off,
maybe its a sensor of abs that is dirty -extrange-, broken o giving wrong information to the sistem, i would go to renaut to have a formal opinion, because we are dealing with a security issue.
sorry couldnt help no more,
regards,
Rod
www.rx4.es.vg
Antworten