Roof Rack

For all our foreign friends, that also drive
the famous Scenic RX4
Antworten
ajseymour

Roof Rack

Beitrag von ajseymour »

Hi

I have seen some pictures in your members gallery that have a one piece roof rack on the roof of the RX4. Is or was this a renault accessory or is it an aftermarket thing? I would be interested to find out.

Oh one more thing - what would the weight limit on it be, I would be most likely carrying two kayaks, woul dthis be a problem?

Many thanks

Andrew
fred ullrich
Onlinejunkie
Onlinejunkie
Felgen: Inka

Roof rack

Beitrag von fred ullrich »

Hi Andrew,

the weight limit on the roof of the RX4 is max. 80 KG

MfG

Fred Ullrich
Scenix RX4 10/02 &Captur TCe90 Expession
ajseymour

Beitrag von ajseymour »

Thanks for the reply. I think that the weight of the kayaks would only be about 30kg so thats within the limit ok.

Andrew
fred ullrich
Onlinejunkie
Onlinejunkie
Felgen: Inka

roor rack

Beitrag von fred ullrich »

Hi Andrew

the roof rackis an renault accessory and an aftermarket thing in Germany the name of the aftermarket Prodcer is Thule.

MfG

Fred Ullrich
Scenix RX4 10/02 &Captur TCe90 Expession
ajseymour

Beitrag von ajseymour »

Thank you very much for the info I will have to see if I can get hold of one.

ANdrew
ciprish

Beitrag von ciprish »

Hey Andrew,

did you get your Roof Rack?
Is it still available? How much?

I am after one as well.

Thank you,
Ciprish
ajseymour

Beitrag von ajseymour »

Hi Ciprish

I didn't get it yet. I went to one of the Renault part desks here in Northern Ireland and they told me that it is available. It is called the Gallery roofrack and in pounds sterling I was told that it was approx ?280, they did say that was an approx price as they hadn't ordered one in a while.
It is also listed on the following page as the Scenic roofrack

http://www.renault.co.za/vehicles/rx4/r ... sories.htm

I won't be getting one for a while as I am buying a house and need the money.

Hope this info helped

Andrew
Rodrx4
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Rodrx4 »

Hi Guys:
I do have the roof rack oh the roof of my scenic rx4.
i got it from origin, but a guy of my website asked to put it on, and renault told him it might not be a good idea, because of after some years and kilometers, the car get "somes deformations of the body", by vibrations for example, and after that, the roof rack will never get fitted good enough like it would be done since the origen of the car.
im not sure if they are right o wrong, but i thought i can tell you wath they says in here in spain.
good luck with the car and the new house,
Regards,
Rod
ajseymour

Beitrag von ajseymour »

Thanks for the info Rod, I will look into this. If I hear anything interesting I will post it here.

Andrew
Greg RX4
Gelegenheitssurfer
Gelegenheitssurfer
Beitrag von Greg RX4 »

As easter holidays were approaching it was obvious to me that I needed extra luggage space for all the things that my two babies need. So I went last week in a Renault dealer here in Athens. The roof rack costs E 448.00 and includes the roof trims they said. So I went to an other big automotive store and asked the same. They replied that they don't have the roof rack but they have bars that suits ok without the rims with a cost of E 212.00. I continue searching but I couldn't find anywhere the specific roof rims.
I will visit renault again this week... they have me... I need the roof rack!!!
And I didn't say anything about the cost of a roof box....
Greg RX4
Gelegenheitssurfer
Gelegenheitssurfer
Beitrag von Greg RX4 »

Today I had the roof rack installed by a Renault dealer.
Also a friend told me about a roof box (unknown brand) 320lt for E80.00, I think I should have a look.
Finally, I arranged to have my RX4 polished and waxed next week to refresh the colour and to eliminate swirling made from carwash.
manolis

roof rack

Beitrag von manolis »

Hi Greg!Don't even think buying a cheap roofbag!You have to tight them all around in case of open when traveling.The best cheap roofbags you can buy are CAM made in Italy,and the best value for money are HAPRO made in Holland.A HAPRO roofbag of 420 liters costs 380 Euro ,while a 430 liters Cam costs 275 Euro.I don't know the price of a THULE roofbag to tell you.See at www.autokinisis.gr,for CAM and HAPRO,or check at www.hapro.com and www.thule.com to get an idea about sizes,spesifications and dealers in Athens.Greetings from Thessaloniki. 8)
fight the power
Greg RX4
Gelegenheitssurfer
Gelegenheitssurfer
Beitrag von Greg RX4 »

Manolis I'm sorry. I didn't know the Cam roof boxes. You see that brand was unknown to me! You can find that roof box (cam) I'm describing before in a Carrefour store.
The first link is a bit wrong; the other two are very useful.
Thank you anyway.
manolis

Roof rack

Beitrag von manolis »

The correct adress is www.e-autokinisis.gr .Sorry,too. :(
fight the power
Antworten