The technical problems that I had with the RX4

Tagebuch zu Eurem RX4 / Diary of your RX4
Gesperrt
Ilan RX4

The technical problems that I had with the RX4

Beitrag von Ilan RX4 »

The technical problems that I had with the RX4 (we bought it new in 2002):
Clutch ? Failed after 4,500 KM :( Replaced under warranty with no charge. The clutch that came with the car was defective; the new clutch that was fitted is still with us after 25,000 KM.

Noise from the front right suspension. The cause was the link between the chassis and the suspension.

Failure of the emergency blinking lights switch.

Fuel compartment cover broke.

The oil filter exploded due to faulty oil pump :( the oil pump was replaced under warranty.

Interior air blower was making noise and was replaced.

Also, one tire got damaged and I could not get a Michelin XPC. I was told that they do not make them anymore so I installed Michelin 4x4 Synchrone as a spare tire.

The protecting plate under the engine was found to be very important, as I was able to bend it twice in rough terrain. The Garage fix it with no charge.

From 1995 we had 2 Clios, 2 Megans, 1 RX4 and 1 Lagune. With all we experienced some technical problems. It seems that the French can learn how to build cars form the Germans and the Japanese.

The Renault dealer gives a good service and they do replace almost all under warranty. The problem is waste of time.
Gesperrt