Bike Carrier

For all our foreign friends, that also drive
the famous Scenic RX4
Antworten
sedgely

Bike Carrier

Beitrag von sedgely »

Anyone know of a good tow bar mounted bike carrier that will handle 3 bikes?
and what is the total weight that can be carried on the tow bar?

cheers
Sedgely
Alex
EX-Webmaster
EX-Webmaster
Beitrag von Alex »

In German it's named "maximale Stuetzlast" and should be the permitted drawbar load.

And it's normally 65 kg. About the bike carrier there is a older posting
under "Technik allgemein".
Please use this LINK
It's German but there are some links ... maybe they can help you.

Greets,

Alex
sedgely

Beitrag von sedgely »

Thanks Alex
Will check out the other post.

Sedgely
sedgely

me again

Beitrag von sedgely »

sorry been away for awhile, anyway i am now looking at buying a Thule EuroPro 903, but i have concerns about whether there is enough clearance between the top of the tow ball and the bottom of the spare wheel/cover. does anyone have any experince of this cycle carrier?
jp

Beitrag von jp »

I?ll receive my europro 903 tomorrow. The rear arch is a spare part (item.no 9023) that curves round the spare wheel, taking the space of one bike, but this way it fits in. I?ll let you know more as soon as the rack has arrived.
jp

Beitrag von jp »

Thule europro 903 fits, but it needs a bit adjustment by a screwbench and a large hammer. The rack itself fits in, but the mechanism that locks the rack into tow ball takes too much space. However there is only one part in the rack that needs to be modified.

Check this photo first: http://www.fasteronline.co.uk/images/THU903_4.jpg

The lever that the woman is holding is the one that locks the rack into the tow ball. As you can see, there is a lock for that lever and a another small lever sticking upwards from it. In a way this small lever secures the main lever: It must be lifted before the main lever can be moved and the rack removed from the tow ball. And it?s 0,5 cm too tall, getting into spare wheels way.

The part is shaped like U, only that it?s upside down. When pounded with a hammer, the top of that lever widens a bit, making the lever shorter. In my opinion this doesn?t cause any risk nor alter the usage of that rack. But see for yourself, I?m sure that at least the warranty is void after that..but hey, it works! I?m now in Finnish Lapland with my mountain bike.

I quess I could take a few digital photos of that rack and the modified part to be published in here. Alex, I?ll send you mail about this.
Antworten