CHIP TUNING.....

For all our foreign friends, that also drive
the famous Scenic RX4
Antworten
RX4

CHIP TUNING.....

Beitrag von RX4 »

If anybody is interested in chipping there rx.......
im open for any questions m8's......
I have done it now and have put over 25,000 kms on mine.....! 8)

I have a 2.0 16v gasoline engine, which has a siemens serius 32 managemnet sytem.......
which can be tuned thru the diagnostic port , or by opening the ecu, and removing the 44 pin psop that is in it......but we have to be very careful due to the fact that there isnt a pcb as we all have known , but something like a negetives film that we get with our photo picuter, and its very delicate to heat......

any how , the performance and economy is great!!

just putting my 2 cents......
hope you all appreciate it :D

RX4 8)
costi

Beitrag von costi »

This is a very interesting subject for me.
I have a 2002 2.0 16v with a bit over 50000K on the clock. Only modification done changed the air filter with a Green.
I am very pleased with the car in general terms but ... I want more guts.
Can you please give more details (data, pictures, advice etc) on modifications that you have done to your RX4 especially the ecu.
Appreciate your help on the above
RX4

Beitrag von RX4 »

costi hat geschrieben:This is a very interesting subject for me.
I have a 2002 2.0 16v with a bit over 50000K on the clock. Only modification done changed the air filter with a Green.
I am very pleased with the car in general terms but ... I want more guts.
Can you please give more details (data, pictures, advice etc) on modifications that you have done to your RX4 especially the ecu.
Appreciate your help on the above
COSTI.......
here are some of the mods ive done.....
ive taken off all the intake manifld and cut of the restricting neck in the plastic neck that slides over the throttle body, its was flat out restricted and was trying to suck air in from a gap of 10-15mm........not good!!

took all that off and it sucks air from all the diameter of the t-body....75mm.....
and out in a free flow k&n filter.
plugs i replaced the plugs with the ones i mentioned in the other post!

and a chip mod ....which you have to do thru a superchips dealer in ausie land m8, because its a seriall programmable car, meaning the mod takes place thru the obd port, we dont touch the actual psop 44 pin dill in the ecu.....by the way i am the exclusive distributor for superchips in greece.........(im not greek, but american......)

and ive put a free flow last can muffer......

im now looking to install the intake manifold complete from the clio sport 172 hp.....due to the fact that the motor @ the head, block meaning motor is excatly the same .......I would love to put the exhaust manifold on too , but I can because of the 4wd tranny in the way........

anyway these are all my goodies....
oh....also i have changed the tyres and put on some larger ones , it pretty awsome in the mud now!!!

and last i really like that avatar of yours..........

PS...NO PICS.....SORRY?!?!

RX4
costi

Beitrag von costi »

Hi RX4

Can you please post some pictures with the mods to the air intake. Pictures that you already posted are with the standard air filter system.

For the chip mod I am a bit confused so I will have to ask some more questions.
What is the difference in performance between doing the trick with the 44 pin and superchiping the ecu?
Can you find for me the link or at list the phone nr for an superchip dealer in Australia.
Did you (or superchip) test on dino the RX4 after chip tuning, if so can you share with us the graph.

Will be nice to find out how are you going with the intake manifold from RCS.

Did you ever thought about using an adjustable fuel pressure control valve. Apparently will give you some improvement: http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?&u=ht ... c45ad9a36c

Costi
RX4

Beitrag von RX4 »

COSTI,
EISAI ELLINAS??
ANYWAY,
THE MOD IVE DONE IS NOT THE CHANGE OF THE AIRINTAKE AIRFILTER BOX........ITS IN THE AIR CONTINER BOX BEHIND THE MOTOR,WHERE THE T-BODY IS M8, YOU HAVE TO TAKE THAT BLACK PLASTIC CONTAINER /RESTRICTOR OUT FROM THE THROTTLE BODY , AND WHEN YOU SEE IT ITS SELF EXPLAINITORY........CANT GET INTHERE TO SHOW YOU PICS M8???!?!?!?

NOW AS FAR AS THE CHIP TUNING PART, YES! IVE TUNED THE ECU.VIA THE SERIAL PORT , AND NO I HAVNT GONE TO A DYNO BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY AROUND THAT ARE 4X4??, BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT I DONT HAVE TO!!!! IT KICKS ASS IN THE LOW END TORQUE, AND THE SECOND PROBLEM I HAD WAS THAT THE REV LIMIT WAS VERY LOW! NOW ITS SET TO 7500.......
THE DIFFERNCE IN CHIP CHANGE AND SPS TUNING IS THAT WE DONT TOUCH THE PSOP 44 PIN IN THE ECU PHYSICALLY!! WE DO IT WITH SOFTWARE........SO WE DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE WARRANTY!!! UNDASTAND........
AND LAST, I DONT WANT AN ADJ.FUEL PRESS REGULATOR , BECAUSE IT WILL INCREASE MY FUEL CONSUMPTION , AND PERFORMANCE ISNT ANYWHERE EQUAL TO IT....ALL YOU'LL GET IS A BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE M8.....WE DO ALL THE FUELING IN THE ECU MOD....
AND LAST, YOU COULD FIND A DEALER IN THE SUPERCHIPS WEB WHICH IS .......WWW.SUPERCHIPS.CO.UK.....HAVE FUN THERE.....!!

@ ALSO I JUST ORDERED A SEBRING/REMUS COMPLETE EXHAUST WITH A DUAL OUTLET LIKE THE PORSCHE CAYENNE HAS.......SHOULD BE AWSOME!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS......
NICE CHATTING WITH YOU COSTI!

RX4
costi

Beitrag von costi »

Hi RX4

My grandfather was Greek so if you like I am too :) .I don?t speak the language, I can understand a bit. I'll have my Easter next week and I like my souvlaki.
Do you like Greek food ? :tonqe:

Now about chip tuning. There is no Superchip dealer in AU only Powerchip ](*,) . I have contacted the Superchip in NZ and he looks like he can do the deal
for me. The Powerchip here is cheaper than the quote from NZ so I need more details to make a decision and before trying a better deal in NZ. You are
saying that the Superchip ?IT KICKS ASS? =D> . Is the chip tuning on your car the standard solution or is customized? I want my car to kick ass as well but
why pay more for Superchip when Powerchip is offering the same. The reason I asked you for dyno results is to compare the 2 solutions on par. Do you
know what are the differences between the two? From the web page I can see that both have dealers in GR and also US. It is possible for you to help me
with the comparison?

Again hips of questions for you RX4. Hope you don?t mind. :top:

Didn?t have the time to check the air intake restriction yet.

It?s a pleasure to chat with you, too. Thank you.
Alex
EX-Webmaster
EX-Webmaster
Beitrag von Alex »

One thing you have to think about ...

the visco clutch can't transfer the higher power and it's posible
that you burn the oil inside the visco. It's nice to have more power,
but the than you should think about some changes at the visco clutch...
RX4

Beitrag von RX4 »

Costi!
Kalo Pasxa to you too m8y!!
I cant help you here in greece, due to to the fact that i need the whole car here to modify it serially thru the obd port......sorry about that?!?!?!?

and last no, i dont have any dyno reading , because it really does kick ass.....and I didnt dyno it with such a good result!

@ now to alex's reply......our visco drive can handle a hell of alot more power......the torque is the limiting factor , and it will only handle up to 50 kgm........

im glad i finally got in the forum again!!!!
i was having withdrawl symptoms there for a while!!! and i cant see what was wrong???

anyhow......
talk to you soon!!!
take care guys,
and happy ORTHODOX EASTER..........

RX4
Alex
EX-Webmaster
EX-Webmaster
Beitrag von Alex »

@RX4 ... that's the point... with the chiptuning the torque is approx. 40Nm
higher then normal and i saw pictures from burned visco clutches
as a result of tuning :-(

I'm happy to see you again :top:
RX4

Beitrag von RX4 »

Alex hat geschrieben:@RX4 ... that's the point... with the chiptuning the torque is approx. 40Nm
higher then normal and i saw pictures from burned visco clutches
as a result of tuning :-(

I'm happy to see you again :top:
HI ALEX!!
IM GLAD TO BE HERE AGIAN M8....!!
IM HAVING CONTINUING PROBLEMS TRYING TO LOG ON?!?!?!?
THATS WHY IVE BEEN OUT.......
@ REGRADING YOUR ABOVE MESSEGE......IVE NEVER SEEN PROBLEMS WITH VISCO CLUTCH HERE......... :D
TALK TO YOU SOON......

REGARDS,

RX4 8)
costi

Beitrag von costi »

Remapping the ECU with Powerchip (www.powerchipgroup.com) was done and now I have 73000 Km and going strong.
In theory you get 10% more power. All I can say is that the car is a lot better, revs more freely and in the same time
is using less fuel despite the fact that I am driving harder now.
Antworten