the famous Scenic RX4
Antworten
Rodrx4
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
How to improve the engine???

Beitrag von Rodrx4 »

Hi Guys:
i have the 2.0 16V gasoline rx4 and im very happy with it.
But i have just tryed the diesel version with the engine powered by a external chip, and i like it very much, its a really progress on the car development.
So, i wonder is there any think we can do to improve the develop of the 2.0 engine?
i think i have power enough, but maybe in the web, there is advices -on german- about it, filters, valvues, spear plugs, etc... any piece that can make our engine fits better, maybe by getting more power, o more lower revolutions than can save us some clutch. ..
Actually, anything that any of you o other people from the german guys have done to improve the engine resoults, if there is any idea, please let my know it, i would be very happy for that.
Thanks a lot,
Regards,
Rod
Bobi-BG
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Bobi-BG »

Hi,Rod.I also want to emprove my engine.The power is enought...but the NM is less than dci version.This is important when you climb hill especially.There is a chip for 2.0 version.It emproves 14-15hp and 20-25NM torgue.You can use sport airfilter( I reccomend you K&N).Also you can modify your discharge sistem,more wide pipes ec.This engine is F4R,the same like clio sport.I think you can use turbo even :roll: ...with less revision.Here in BG i don't know where can i bye these things...but in Spain i hope there is.
:D Best regards!
Bild Bild
Rodrx4
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Rodrx4 »

Hi Bobi:
Thanks for Answering, im very intrested in all than you sayed,
i havent found anything abouth the chip power, but i dont know if it will improve the car, as you sayed, we have power enough, but we need more lower revolutions, im not sure that more hp is the answer.
i will go for the K&N Filter, i think is easier than changing the discharge sistem, i think it would be a modification hard to legalize in here, specially for envirinmental rules...
I will look for the power chip, i read also something abouth a air valvue o similar, but is in German and i cannot understand it unfortunately.
hope somebody explain it.
Great Bobi, thanks and regards,
Rod
Bobi-BG
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Bobi-BG »

Hi again Rod.The chip improves little power of the engine,and reduce the maximum of the torque in lower revolution.This means if you don't step too hard on the right peddal,the drain of fuel will reduce a little :roll: These days I look for sport air filters in the net,and look what i discovered: http://www.jrfilters.com/filtres/index.php?lng=fr .Look for replacement filters.These filters are sport too,but they replace the original in the box :) So you don't have to transform and remove original airbox :) I discovered that in Bulgaria there is agancy of JR filters and I'll explore how effective are they :D For discharge sistem you are right,a don't think to change it too. The big problem of the RX4 for me is his longer gears.That can't let the engine show us his full potential.I think that,but maybe I wrong :roll:
So,Rod if you find chip(but sure it is especially for your car :!: ) and sport filter(replacement for better), you can buy and put them on the car and I think you will discover a little difference than before :D I think to do the same,when I collect little money for this :D
Hava a nice week,Rod :wink:
Bild Bild
Rodrx4
Alltagssurfer
Alltagssurfer
Beitrag von Rodrx4 »

Hi again Bobi:
Great job, thanks for the searching, i think i will go also for the sport airfilter and iprobably change the air intake for a metal one....if i found something related with chip o air valvue ill try it also, but as well as you, i must waith to save some money first jejeje.
its cristmass time!!!
Regards and we stay in touch.
Antworten