relays, fans and other fun

For all our foreign friends, that also drive
the famous Scenic RX4
Antworten
widowmaker

relays, fans and other fun

Beitrag von widowmaker »

Good day from South Africa, I have a Reanult Scenic RX4 2002 with an radiator fan not kicking in.

I have tried the following :
shorted out the heat sensor on the radiator - no contact...
fan is working when I hard-wire it...
swapped the relays around, as the stupid things don't have indications
as to which relay does what (they have A,B,C... on them, but the owners
manual doesn't - it has little pictures...) - there is one position
that every black relay goes 'click' - so I reckon they all work. (unless the renault dealer that fitted my new gearbox - yeah the old one broke in two at around 100k km, but thats another sad and very expensive story - took a relay out and left it out. how many little black relays are there supposed to be?)

which brings me to think that the only thing left is a loose wire
somewhere or a broken wire after the gearbox episode, but the wires run into a wiring harness which makes it dificult to trace.

any ideas PLEASE? :prayer:
janwillem

Beitrag von janwillem »

Hello i've some technical literature of the scenic it in pdf I can't upload it

I've you would send me your email adress I can send it to you

greetings Jan-Willem
Juriaan

Gearbox & overheat

Beitrag von Juriaan »

Hi - also from SA - Durbanville - Cape Town -

How much was the gearbox - I also have a 2002 with 96000 km's - want to know if I must sell mine asap ?

Also had a problem with the overheating - fan not kicking in - took it to Reno - they could not find a problem - but "bled" the system 3 times - and it looks like the problem is sorted out. Lucky for me - no damage to the engine - overheated about 3 to 4 times.

Juriaan
widowmaker

Beitrag von widowmaker »

AWESOME! thanks janwillem got your email!

Juriaan, hoezit my broe! naah i think i just got shafted by the dealer - urgent sell and all. they sent it fr an AA test (and their 1million point check), but i never got the results - they're trying their best to keep it away from me. bought it second hand but like only 3 years old under 100k kms and then after three months the gearbox split in two.
i took out the extended waranty, but that only gave me R5k back on a R30k+ bill (which i didn't budget for on my 'new' car)
i believe there is a renault-hate-club in SA - which doesn't surprise me, since renault doesn't give a crap about their customers

now for the show stopper: after numerous useless calls to the salesman i phoned the owner of the renault dealer, the dealer that i won't name here
(RENAULT ROUTE 24!)
she told me something along the lines of "what do you expect when you buy somebody else's used crap?" weeeeelll, thats not what they told me when i bought it now was it? i was so flabbergasted that i couldn't even think up a response (she actually argued that it was three and a half months that i got it. NOT 3!)

can you believe it?

the dealer i took it to to sort out said that the CV boot was torn in front and there was no oil in the gearbox - something that i would recon that a million point check and AA test would pick up?

after that i phoned the dealer again asking for the AA report (again) and they suspiciously came up with excuses ever since

last renault i'll ever own!
Antworten